update_post_meta

Austin Matzko
If an option doesn't exist, update_option will create it.  But if a
certain post meta doesn't exist, update_post_meta just returns false.
Why is this?

wordpress source cross reference with commenting...

Angsuman Chakraborty
We have been using wordpress extensively last few weeks for revamping our blogs and writing new plugins and a theme. In the process I found it useful to have a source code cross reference with annotation (commenting) capability. Here is my first iteration of the effort http://wordpress.taragana.net/

The code is updated from svn repository twice a day using cron jobs. We can make it more frequent like hourly if required.

Let me know if you find this useful.

Best,
Angsuman

Re: wordpress source cross reference with commenting...

Dave Pappas
<lurker>Wow!  That's a nice resource.  Having the ability to navigate across
the links is a nice feature.</lurker>

On 5/15/06, Angsuman Chakraborty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have been using wordpress extensively last few weeks for revamping our
> blogs and writing new plugins and a theme. In the process I found it useful
> to have a source code cross reference with annotation (commenting)
> capability. Here is my first iteration of the effort
> http://wordpress.taragana.net/
>
> The code is updated from svn repository twice a day using cron jobs. We
> can make it more frequent like hourly if required.
>
> Let me know if you find this useful.
>
> Best,
> Angsuman

-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=ZGpwYXBwYXM1NDI1

Atom 1.0 Timeline?

Angsuman Chakraborty
Is there any timeline for including Atom 1.0 feed generator in WordPress, instead of (or in addition to) the current Atom 0.3 generator?

Re: wordpress source cross reference with commenting...

Owen Winkler
Angsuman Chakraborty wrote:
> Let me know if you find this useful.

I recently posted some of my cross-reference efforts on my blog, and I
don't expect everyone to have read that, so I'll re-post some details here:

Trunk XRef: http://redalt.com/xref
2.0 branch XRef: http://redalt.com/xref20
1.5.2 branch XRef: http://redalt.com/xref152

Editable function reference: http://redalt.com/fn/

The original post: http://asymptomatic.net/articles/2347.htm

Nothing I've written allows anonymous comments on any page of the XRef,
though I wonder how that would be used effectively.

Owen

Re: Atom 1.0 Timeline?

Robert Deaton
On 5/15/06, Angsuman Chakraborty <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any timeline for including Atom 1.0 feed generator in WordPress, instead of (or in addition to) the current Atom 0.3 generator?

Whenever Matt feels like it, Atom 1.0 has been available via patches
on trac since before it was even finalized, so your best bet is to ask
Matt when he wants to let it in.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com

Re: Atom 1.0 Timeline?

Dan Kuykendall

Re: Atom 1.0 Timeline?

Dan Kuykendall

RE: wordpress source cross reference with commenting...

Angsuman Chakraborty
> I wonder how that would be used effectively.

We use inline annotations extensively in bioinformatics to annotate sequence. It is the same reason blogs are useful. Also you can find it in php.net or mysql documentation. It helps people write about their experience with the function / code and hopefully add some valuable documentation and explanations.

BTW: One of the problems I faced with wordpress in the beginning was finding the "map of the cat" (as Dr. Feynman said) - the exact sequence of events and magic.

RE: Atom 1.0 Timeline?

Angsuman Chakraborty
Thanks. I too tried my hand at it Atom 0.3 -> 1.0 conversation.

Few problems I tried to solve were:
1. Generating proper guid for items following diveintomark's suggestion
2. Generating proper urn's for blog id.
3. Converting categories from dc:subject (dublin core spec) to proper atom categories.
4. Few other misc items essentially to not only ensure full compliance with spec (validated) but also to pass as much information as available.

I am planning to do one of the following:
1. Provide a patch for WP core, if Matt & Co. are comfortable integrating it.
2. Release it as a patch / plugin under GPL

Looking for your thoughts / suggestions / procedure guidance.

Best,
Angsuman