sharing the same `terms` and `term_taxonomy` tables across multiple WordPress sites

sharing the same `terms` and `term_taxonomy` tables across multiple WordPress sites

Haluk Karamete
Hello,

I do know that 2 WordPress sites could share the same user base. Constants
such as `CUSTOM_USER_TABLE` and  `CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE` pave the way
towards that goal.

What I'm wondering if a similar concept could be extended so that those
sites can also share the same terms and term_taxonomy table?

Re: sharing the same `terms` and `term_taxonomy` tables across multiple WordPress sites

Stephen Rider
You might look at creating Views in MySQL.  Basically a pointer/alias that looks like a table but redirects to a different table.

I’m no expert on them; they may be read only or somesuch, but may suit your issue at any rate.

--
Stephen Rider

[hidden email]
http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia