running the themeunit.xml programmatically from the back end

running the themeunit.xml programmatically from the back end

Haluk Karamete
I wrote a script which is when I run it, it puts my localhost installation
of the wordpress site back to the right after 5-min-install state.

So it basically truncates most tables and bam brings to the fresh state...
( I just won't touch the user stuff and the options table ) but everythinh
else back to seed 0.

So when I run that script, I am left with Mr. Wordpress's Comment plus the
Hello World post and the Sample Page. And that's what I call back-to-5-min
install state.

This script is a time saver for me. Cause I'm doing some heavy duty plug in
development and I'd like such quick actions to be available to me.

but I'd like to take it to the next level.

I'd like to attach an argument to that function of mine to tell my engine,
"hey go ahead and run this
https://wpcom-themes.svn.automattic.com/demo/theme-unit-test-data.xml while
we are at it.

My question to you is what API call should I use so that my script gives me
the back-to-5-min install state plus the theme-unit-test-data.xml?

Thank you

Re: running the themeunit.xml programmatically from the back end

Nikola Nikolov
I'd use wp-cli for that and more specifically the "wp import" command -
http://wp-cli.org/commands/import/

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Haluk Karamete <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I wrote a script which is when I run it, it puts my localhost installation
> of the wordpress site back to the right after 5-min-install state.
>
> So it basically truncates most tables and bam brings to the fresh state...
> ( I just won't touch the user stuff and the options table ) but everythinh
> else back to seed 0.
>
> So when I run that script, I am left with Mr. Wordpress's Comment plus the
> Hello World post and the Sample Page. And that's what I call back-to-5-min
> install state.
>
> This script is a time saver for me. Cause I'm doing some heavy duty plug in
> development and I'd like such quick actions to be available to me.
>
> but I'd like to take it to the next level.
>
> I'd like to attach an argument to that function of mine to tell my engine,
> "hey go ahead and run this
> https://wpcom-themes.svn.automattic.com/demo/theme-unit-test-data.xml
> while
> we are at it.
>
> My question to you is what API call should I use so that my script gives me
> the back-to-5-min install state plus the theme-unit-test-data.xml?
>
> Thank you

Re: running the themeunit.xml programmatically from the back end

Haluk Karamete
Nikola, thank you.. but I need to that from within the php script - as part
of my  function.
there must be an api for this.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Nikola Nikolov <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'd use wp-cli for that and more specifically the "wp import" command -
> http://wp-cli.org/commands/import/
>

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Haluk Karamete <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I wrote a script which is when I run it, it puts my localhost
> installation
> > of the wordpress site back to the right after 5-min-install state.
> >
> > So it basically truncates most tables and bam brings to the fresh
> state...
> > ( I just won't touch the user stuff and the options table ) but
> everythinh
> > else back to seed 0.
> >
> > So when I run that script, I am left with Mr. Wordpress's Comment plus
> the
> > Hello World post and the Sample Page. And that's what I call
> back-to-5-min
> > install state.
> >
> > This script is a time saver for me. Cause I'm doing some heavy duty plug
> in
> > development and I'd like such quick actions to be available to me.
> >
> > but I'd like to take it to the next level.
> >
> > I'd like to attach an argument to that function of mine to tell my
> engine,
> > "hey go ahead and run this
> > https://wpcom-themes.svn.automattic.com/demo/theme-unit-test-data.xml
> > while
> > we are at it.
> >
> > My question to you is what API call should I use so that my script gives
> me
> > the back-to-5-min install state plus the theme-unit-test-data.xml?
> >
> > Thank you

Re: running the themeunit.xml programmatically from the back end

Nikola Nikolov
Technically you can still do it from PHP as long as you can execute system
commands :) I'm not sure exactly how the WordPress importer plugin works
though.