[question] [plugin] adding a role, restrict categories

[question] [plugin] adding a role, restrict categories

Niels Hackius
Dear WordPress-Hackers,
I have the following question:

I understand that, upon installing a plugin I can add a new role to
Wordpress' user system. Currently I am adding the role "developer" and also
assign a new capabilty to it: "filerelease".

Now I want the users of the type "developer" to be restricted in posting to
the category "Developers Corner" - how is this possible?

Any advise would be very helpful - thanks a lot.

Sincerly,
niels hackius

Re: [question] [plugin] adding a role, restrict categories

Owen Winkler
Niels Hackius wrote:
> I understand that, upon installing a plugin I can add a new role to
> Wordpress' user system. Currently I am adding the role "developer" and also
> assign a new capabilty to it: "filerelease".
>
> Now I want the users of the type "developer" to be restricted in posting to
> the category "Developers Corner" - how is this possible?

Are you trying to add this functionality to a plugin?  I've already
written a plugin that does that:

http://redalt.com/wiki/Limit+Categories

If you're just looking for this plugin, then this is really a support
question, and is more appropriate for the support forums than this
mailing list.

Owen

Re: [question] [plugin] adding a role, restrict categories

Niels Hackius
>Are you trying to add this functionality to a plugin?  I've already
>written a plugin that does that:
>
>http://redalt.com/wiki/Limit+Categories
Actually I am working on a loadbalancer/downloadmanager-Plugin, and I
thought there would be a hook like that.. something like
"category_allow" :-)

>If you're just looking for this plugin, then this is really a support
>question, and is more appropriate for the support forums than this
>mailing list.
Sorry, I didn't think about looking for a plugin that does that since
you cannot add a role through the interface. hmm..next time.