more appropriate to profile

goldengooseeogs
At an appearance on Live with Regis & Kelly, Blake Lively paired a shimmery blue floral Tibi skater dress with Charlotte Olympia leopard platform pumps. The dress http://www.goldengoosestar.com/ featured a vintage-inspired fit-and-flare silhouette with cap sleeves and a full mini skirt. Don’t have the patience for thrift store scavenging? Take a cue from Lively and try a vintage-inspired skater dress in a bold pattern, then update it further with leopard pumps.

Bridal season is upon us. Set to start in earnest are countless bridal and baby showers, engagement, bachelorette parties and of course, invites to the biggest day of all: the red carpet moment of a lifetime for those of us who are not likely to grace the cover of a magazine. So, who more appropriate to profile in our Designer Dossier series than one of fashions most beloved bridal and red carpet designers? Reem Acras story is an interesting one that began with a mother who taught her to love textiles and clothing construction.Acra says that from an early age her mother was her biggest style influence. She has fond memories of many "happy" afternoons spent shopping with her for fabrics in her native Lebanon. Once the shopping ended, it was time to create.

We may have traveled all the way to the Brooklyn Navy Yard for Alexander Wangs Fall 2014 collection, but we may as well have traveled many years into the future. For most shows we tell you how to "get the look" off the runway, but unless you want helmet hair and dyed-to-invisibility brows, this probably isnt a look that translates to the street.

Historically speaking, the resort season is all about jet-set-ready Bali and St. Tropez looks, but this has increasingly changed over the last few seasons with many designers showing more staple essentials in their collections – in other words, the season is becoming more commercial. Among the designers that have presented their collections these past few days that is certainly the case, but that’s not to say there wasn’t plenty to love and a few notable surprises

This season, the expert furrier’s outerwear pieces,fashioned in shadow fox mounted on tulle or Tibetan lamb,looked light as feathers.The show opened with flirty ballerina-inspired dresses (some of which had asymmetrical drape), making it clear the designer behind the costumes of the New York City Ballet’sspring rendition ofCall Me Benstill had dancers on his mind.The hues were a beautiful, trendy range of neutrals yellow, white, blush, taupe, blue, grey, beige, bronze and a more saturated orange for mid-show pop.My favorite looks were the ones topped with long, belted vests and boleros made of fox fur. There was also a beautiful lamb fur short-sleeved jacket.J. Mendel has previously shown his collections in presentation-style settings, but given his fluid, light, and wispySpring/Summer 2011collection, a runway was the perfect vehicle for showing off the beautiful movement of his silk chiffon cocktail dresses and pleated gowns.The delicate bead work on his jersey dresses and the cascading pleats on his chiffon gowns were simply stunning. And, it wouldn’t be a J. Mendel collection without a handful of looks suitable for the red carpet.My bet is on any one of the asymmetrically draped cocktail dresses with pleated and sheer details – the epitome of understated glam, while being perfectly on trend with what we’ve seen on the runways this season.