WP No longer display user emails

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WP No longer display user emails

Mark Harwood-2
Hi, posted this on the support forum also but not getting any replys so
i thought id ask the hackers mailing list to see if anyone else has been
getting this too...

Since upgrading WP2 to WP2.01 it would seem that get_currentuserinfo()
and get_userdata() no longer pull back the users email address.

Is there any known issuse with this? As it will still update the email
if you change it via the user admin but just will not display the email
in the form feild as it is not pulling it from the DB with the two above
functions

Many Thanks
Mark 'Phunky' Harwood
Founder of EuroCSS.NET

_______________________________________________
wp-hackers mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WP No longer display user emails

Mark Jaquith
On Feb 6, 2006, at 7:40 AM, Mark Harwood wrote:

> Is there any known issuse with this? As it will still update the  
> email if you change it via the user admin but just will not display  
> the email in the form feild as it is not pulling it from the DB  
> with the two above functions

If the user is currently logged in, you shouldn't even display those  
form fields.  Whatever they write in them will get overwritten by  
their profile, so leaving them editable is confusing.  See the  
default WP theme for an example of how to code it so that it displays  
"You are currently logged in as NAME" and omits those form fields.
--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/


_______________________________________________
wp-hackers mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WP No longer display user emails

Mark Harwood-2
I dont think you quite got what i was stating, the functions dont return
the email value in the array for use at all, not even thru the back end!

So you cant see the current email, so you cant link to it or display it
if the user wishes to which you have always been able to at least pull
the email back from the functions get_currentuserinfo() and such.

Like i say even the WP backend does not pull it back, the feild
user_email is within the $userdata array but it is blank.

This has only ouccured since i updated the WP2 site 2.01

Mark Jaquith wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2006, at 7:40 AM, Mark Harwood wrote:
>
>> Is there any known issuse with this? As it will still update the  
>> email if you change it via the user admin but just will not display  
>> the email in the form feild as it is not pulling it from the DB  with
>> the two above functions
>
>
> If the user is currently logged in, you shouldn't even display those  
> form fields.  Whatever they write in them will get overwritten by  
> their profile, so leaving them editable is confusing.  See the  
> default WP theme for an example of how to code it so that it displays  
> "You are currently logged in as NAME" and omits those form fields.
> --
> Mark Jaquith
> http://txfx.net/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> wp-hackers mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers


_______________________________________________
wp-hackers mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WP No longer display user emails

Mark Jaquith
On Feb 7, 2006, at 4:22 AM, Mark Harwood wrote:

> I dont think you quite got what i was stating, the functions dont  
> return the email value in the array for use at all, not even thru  
> the back end!

$userdata isn't an array... don't know if that's where you're getting  
hung up.  It's an object.

I'm looking at the code, and it's still being set.  In fact, if it  
weren't, post authors wouldn't be notified of comments on their  
posts.  So something is up with your install.

> $user_email = $userdata->user_email;

I'd re-upload all the /wp-includes/ files, especially pluggable-
functions.php
--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/


_______________________________________________
wp-hackers mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WP No longer display user emails

Mark Harwood-2
yeah sorry, i meant the $userdata object ( i always just call them
arrays :S)

I've just deleted and re-uploaded all the files to see if there was any
issuse with the upload, but due to the fact that it pull back everything
but the user_email i highly doubt it.

As this is not a live site no emails are sent but i would guess that due
to it not displaying the emails in the backend that it also would not
notify authors of comments.

Ive disabled all custom plugins and it still refuses to pull back the
email in the $userdata->object

Mark


Mark Jaquith wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2006, at 4:22 AM, Mark Harwood wrote:
>
>> I dont think you quite got what i was stating, the functions dont  
>> return the email value in the array for use at all, not even thru  
>> the back end!
>
>
> $userdata isn't an array... don't know if that's where you're getting  
> hung up.  It's an object.
>
> I'm looking at the code, and it's still being set.  In fact, if it  
> weren't, post authors wouldn't be notified of comments on their  
> posts.  So something is up with your install.
>
>>     $user_email    = $userdata->user_email;
>
>
> I'd re-upload all the /wp-includes/ files, especially pluggable-
> functions.php
> --
> Mark Jaquith
> http://txfx.net/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> wp-hackers mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers


_______________________________________________
wp-hackers mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WP No longer display user emails

Michael E. Hancock
From: "Mark Harwood" <[hidden email]>
> Ive disabled all custom plugins and it still refuses to pull back the
> email in the $userdata->object

This in author.php is working at 2.0.1:

<?php
if(isset($_GET['author_name'])) :
$curauth = get_userdatabylogin($author_name);
else :
$curauth = get_userdata(intval($author));
endif;
?>

<h2>Posts by <?php echo $curauth->nickname; ?></h2>
Email is <?php echo $curauth->user_email; ?>



Michael E. Hancock

_______________________________________________
wp-hackers mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers