Twilight Autosave in WP 2.0

Chris Pirillo
Dearest Hackers,

I need this, and will pay someone $50 to make it to work with WP 2.0:

 http://twilightuniverse.com/2005/04/twilight-autosave/

Seems as though the cookie works (it stores the information), but after the
first time you delete the cookie'd text, you start getting PHP errors and a
non-functioning plugin.

Another $50 for a truly WP 2.0 version of this one:

 http://climbtothestars.org/archives/2004/07/13/batch-categories-09/

Love,

Chris

Re: Twilight Autosave in WP 2.0

cori
Chris;

You might try cross-posting this to wp-pro ([hidden email])
as well.

cori

Chris Pirillo wrote:

> Dearest Hackers,
>
> I need this, and will pay someone $50 to make it to work with WP 2.0:
>
>  http://twilightuniverse.com/2005/04/twilight-autosave/
>
> Seems as though the cookie works (it stores the information), but after the
> first time you delete the cookie'd text, you start getting PHP errors and a
> non-functioning plugin.
>
> Another $50 for a truly WP 2.0 version of this one:
>
>  http://climbtothestars.org/archives/2004/07/13/batch-categories-09/
>
> Love,
>
> Chris

Re: Twilight Autosave in WP 2.0

Sam Angove
On 5/21/06, Chris Pirillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  http://twilightuniverse.com/2005/04/twilight-autosave/
>
> Seems as though the cookie works (it stores the information), but after the
> first time you delete the cookie'd text, you start getting PHP errors and a
> non-functioning plugin.

Works fine for me. :( What errors, specifically?

> for a truly WP 2.0 version of this one:
>
>  http://climbtothestars.org/archives/2004/07/13/batch-categories-09/

What is a "truly WP 2.0 version"? If you just mean "actually works in
WP 2.0", that's easy enough. Here's a quick go at it in case no-one's
sent you anything off-list.

  <http://rephrase.net/miscellany/06/batch-categories.phps>

(Adds a "Batch Categories" submenu to "Manage".)

RE: Twilight Autosave in WP 2.0

Chris Pirillo
> What is a "truly WP 2.0 version"? If you just mean "actually works in
> WP 2.0", that's easy enough. Here's a quick go at it in case no-one's
> sent you anything off-list.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /.../wp-content/plugins/batch-categories.php:255) in
/.../wp-admin/plugins.php on line 16

Not quite. ;)

Chris

Re: Twilight Autosave in WP 2.0

Sam Angove
On 5/21/06, Chris Pirillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
> started at /.../wp-content/plugins/batch-categories.php:255) in
> /.../wp-admin/plugins.php on line 16

Weird. Didn't show up on my test server. Might be a Windows thing. New
version doesn't do it on plugin activation, at least, but haven't
tested anything else. ;)

 <http://rephrase.net/miscellany/06/batch-categories.phps>

Re: Twilight Autosave in WP 2.0

Mark Jaquith
On May 21, 2006, at 4:59 AM, Chris Pirillo wrote:

> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output
> started at /.../wp-content/plugins/batch-categories.php:255) in
> /.../wp-admin/plugins.php on line 16

That just means that output is being sent to the browser
prematurely... on line 255 of batch-categories.php, which is very
likely the last line, which means that you probably have a blank
space after the ending ?> in the file.

The file should start with <?php and end with ?>

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/