Subversion for production servers

Chris Lott
Using subversion for development and to keep up with nightlies is
easy-- just keep up to date with the trunk.

but is there documented somewhere a way to use subversion to keep up
with stable releases?  I have nearly 20 WP blogs that can't be moved
into my WPMU farm. These are live, working sites so I don't really
want to run nightlies... but it would be nice to upgrade via SVN when
stable releases are out-- I imagine that this involves using 'svn
switch' but my knowledge of svn in this area is slim and the book
isn't making me confident because I know we are 2.0.2 right now but
when I browse the svn tree I Don't see any tag for 2.0.2, just 2.0.1

Chris Lott

Re: Subversion for production servers

Chris Lott
On 4/19/06, Chris Lott <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Using subversion for development and to keep up with nightlies is
> easy-- just keep up to date with the trunk.

Sorry, that was convoluted. The simpler way to put this is:
how do I check out the latest 2.0.2 release vie svn since there is no
tag for it?

I figured out how to switch with svn (duh).

Chris Lott

Re: Re: Subversion for production servers

Robert Deaton

svn co http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/branches/2.0/

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com

Re: Subversion for production servers

Kaf Oseo
Isn't the current stable release available through the branch (though
admittedly there's at times a delay)?

Right now 2.0.2 is here:

Chris Lott wrote:

> Using subversion for development and to keep up with nightlies is
> easy-- just keep up to date with the trunk.
>
> but is there documented somewhere a way to use subversion to keep up
> with stable releases?  I have nearly 20 WP blogs that can't be moved
> into my WPMU farm. These are live, working sites so I don't really
> want to run nightlies... but it would be nice to upgrade via SVN when
> stable releases are out-- I imagine that this involves using 'svn
> switch' but my knowledge of svn in this area is slim and the book
> isn't making me confident because I know we are 2.0.2 right now but
> when I browse the svn tree I Don't see any tag for 2.0.2, just 2.0.1

Re: Subversion for production servers

Stewart Ugelow
> but is there documented somewhere a way to use subversion to keep up
> with stable releases?  I have nearly 20 WP blogs that can't be moved
> into my WPMU farm. These are live, working sites so I don't really
> want to run nightlies...

If you have 20 separate WP blogs, you might also want to check out
some of the updating techniques mentioned at
http://www.alexking.org/blog/2006/01/04/wordpress-updates-via-svn/

--Stewart

--

Stewart Ugelow