Simplicity in 2.next

Aaron Brazell
Only two things to ease usage right off the top of my head.  These are things I deal with in the variety of blogs I have.

-Plugins Tab – (And relevant hook) Where all the plugin option pages can be located.  If it’s a plugin and requires an admin page it should be here, not scattered heretofore throughout admin at the plugin author’s discretion.  Too many plugins clutter an already too cluttered Manage and Options tab that should, IMHO, not be cluttered by anything but core functionality.

-A way to turn on/off RTE right from the Write page

Hope that helps.

Re: Simplicity in 2.next

Andy Skelton
On 2/6/06, Aaron Brazell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> -Plugins Tab – (And relevant hook) Where all the plugin option pages can be located.

There is a tab and a hook for that. Incidentally, there are a violent
gang of plugin authors and users who like to modify their admin
experience by adding, removing or customizing the other menu items as
well. Admin presentation is not sacred, my friend.

> -A way to turn on/off RTE right from the Write page

I'm with you there. It should be done, it's just too big a project for
its low priority on my list. If you want to solve that problem
robustly, you're welcome to it!

Cheers,
Andy