Release Cycle

Evan Broder
The last time the release cycle came up, it was noted that estimated
release dates were listed on the Trac Roadmap. However, I'm noticing now
that there are no dates set for 2.1 or 2.5 (or some non-existent 2.0.3).

With the separation of post_type and post_status, comment_meta, and all
kinds of other goodness, I'm really excited about getting the next
version, but I don't want to run SVN trunk in a production environment.

WP 2.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2 were each separated by about a month, so
following the cycle, shouldn't a new release be coming out soon?

- Evan

Re: Release Cycle

Robert Deaton
On 4/13/06, Evan Broder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The last time the release cycle came up, it was noted that estimated
> release dates were listed on the Trac Roadmap. However, I'm noticing now
> that there are no dates set for 2.1 or 2.5 (or some non-existent 2.0.3).
>
> With the separation of post_type and post_status, comment_meta, and all
> kinds of other goodness, I'm really excited about getting the next
> version, but I don't want to run SVN trunk in a production environment.
>
> WP 2.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2 were each separated by about a month, so
> following the cycle, shouldn't a new release be coming out soon?
Those were all bugfix/security releases on the 2.0 branch, development
has started on a new branch, look at the time differences between 1.2
-> 1.5, 1.5 -> 2.0, and you'll probably have a more accurate picture
of when a new release will be coming (its a while off, most likely).

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com

Re: Release Cycle

Craig-16
/me is running SVN trunk on my live site, but then again, moose r dum,
right? :p

Craig.
Nuclear Moose.