Recommendation for Calendar / Events Solution

Recommendation for Calendar / Events Solution

Eric Andrew Lewis
A client of mine is using Events+ by WPMU.

I'm worried that, as events and calendars are a (relatively) tough thing to
implement from the developer side, it may not be extensible to cover a
plethora of use cases.

Does anyone have a hard recommendation for a calendar / events plugin that
has a strong backend (without going into specific features)?

Eric Andrew Lewis
ericandrewlewis.com
610.715.8560

Re: Recommendation for Calendar / Events Solution

John Blackbourn
Event Organiser is a particularly well-featured plugin, and it has a good
API which is well documented. http://wordpress.org/plugins/event-organiser/

On 27 November 2013 14:29, Eric Andrew Lewis <[hidden email]>wrote:

> A client of mine is using Events+ by WPMU.
>
> I'm worried that, as events and calendars are a (relatively) tough thing to
> implement from the developer side, it may not be extensible to cover a
> plethora of use cases.
>
> Does anyone have a hard recommendation for a calendar / events plugin that
> has a strong backend (without going into specific features)?
>
> Eric Andrew Lewis
> ericandrewlewis.com
> 610.715.8560

Re: Recommendation for Calendar / Events Solution

Chris McCoy
I like, and recommend events calendar by tri.be to clients

they have a free version and a pro version

http://tri.be/shop/wordpress-events-calendar/

http://tri.be/shop/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/

hope this helps

On 11/27/2013, 9:29 AM, "Eric Andrew Lewis" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>A client of mine is using Events+ by WPMU.
>
>I'm worried that, as events and calendars are a (relatively) tough thing
>implement from the developer side, it may not be extensible to cover a
>plethora of use cases.
>
>Does anyone have a hard recommendation for a calendar / events plugin that
>has a strong backend (without going into specific features)?
>
>Eric Andrew Lewis
>ericandrewlewis.com
>610.715.8560

Re: Recommendation for Calendar / Events Solution

ChrisHe
I use Event Organiser plugin by Stephen Harris, which I have found very
good - and it works up to WP 3.7.1
http://wordpress.org/plugins/event-organiser/
The PRO version has many more features, but the free version is
excellent for Calendar and Events.
HTH
Chris

On 27/11/2013 14:29, Eric Andrew Lewis wrote:

> A client of mine is using Events+ by WPMU.
>
> I'm worried that, as events and calendars are a (relatively) tough thing to
> implement from the developer side, it may not be extensible to cover a
> plethora of use cases.
>
> Does anyone have a hard recommendation for a calendar / events plugin that
> has a strong backend (without going into specific features)?
>
> Eric Andrew Lewis
> ericandrewlewis.com
> 610.715.8560

-----
No virus found in this message.

Re: Recommendation for Calendar / Events Solution

Eric Hendrix
I use event calendar and it manages to conform to all the nuances I've got
working - they have great support if you have a specific need.

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I use Event Organiser plugin by Stephen Harris, which I have found very
> good - and it works up to WP 3.7.1
> http://wordpress.org/plugins/event-organiser/
> The PRO version has many more features, but the free version is excellent
> for Calendar and Events.
> HTH
> Chris
>
> On 27/11/2013 14:29, Eric Andrew Lewis wrote:
>
>> A client of mine is using Events+ by WPMU.
>>
>> I'm worried that, as events and calendars are a (relatively) tough thing
>> implement from the developer side, it may not be extensible to cover a
>> plethora of use cases.
>>
>> Does anyone have a hard recommendation for a calendar / events plugin that
>> has a strong backend (without going into specific features)?
>>
>> Eric Andrew Lewis
>> ericandrewlewis.com
>> 610.715.8560
>>

> -----