Possibly not the right place for this

Bruce Ferrell
Are there any known issues with WP 4 and Apache 2.4 and php 5.4?

I'm seeing some odd "behaviors" with a new installation where pages do not render correctly

Re: Possibly not the right place for this

Kuba Niewiarowski

> Are there any known issues with WP 4 and Apache 2.4 and php 5.4?
>
> I'm seeing some odd "behaviors" with a new installation where pages do not
> render correctly

SOA#1 (but with Apache 2.2.22)

--
Pozdrawiam, Kuba
Niewiarowski.IT

Re: Possibly not the right place for this

Chris McCoy
what kind of issues? the php code showing as text?

if so you might have short tag off in your php.ini, I found this when
creating a new server, and forgetting to edit php.ini

On 2014-10-14, 12:38 PM, "Bruce Ferrell" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Are there any known issues with WP 4 and Apache 2.4 and php 5.4?
>
>I'm seeing some odd "behaviors" with a new installation where pages do
>not render correctly

Re: Possibly not the right place for this

Nikola Nikolov
Does WordPress core really not work without short tags? I've seen plugins
use them and I don't really like it, but I don't remember seeing issues
with the WordPress code itself.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 9:40 PM, Chris McCoy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> what kind of issues? the php code showing as text?
>
> if so you might have short tag off in your php.ini, I found this when
> creating a new server, and forgetting to edit php.ini
>

> On 2014-10-14, 12:38 PM, "Bruce Ferrell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >Are there any known issues with WP 4 and Apache 2.4 and php 5.4?
> >
> >I'm seeing some odd "behaviors" with a new installation where pages do
> >not render correctly

Re: Possibly not the right place for this

Chris McCoy
Not with core, I think just plugins that decide to use them

On 2014-10-14, 2:42 PM, "Nikola Nikolov" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Does WordPress core really not work without short tags? I've seen plugins
>use them and I don't really like it, but I don't remember seeing issues
>with the WordPress code itself.
>
>On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 9:40 PM, Chris McCoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> what kind of issues? the php code showing as text?
>>
>> if so you might have short tag off in your php.ini, I found this when
>> creating a new server, and forgetting to edit php.ini
>>

>> On 2014-10-14, 12:38 PM, "Bruce Ferrell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> >Are there any known issues with WP 4 and Apache 2.4 and php 5.4?
>> >
>> >I'm seeing some odd "behaviors" with a new installation where pages do
>> >not render correctly

Re: Possibly not the right place for this

Bruce Ferrell
No raw PHP displayed.  I was bit by that on the initial install. The default theme (or any other) doesn't render...

This is a dev system running as a Linux vm (Centos 7).  When I access using a firefox (either at localhost or the IP address of the interface) on the VM, all is well, when I access
the IP of the vm from outside the vm, No theme, no css.  Very weird.

On 10/14/2014 11:40 AM, Chris McCoy wrote:

> what kind of issues? the php code showing as text?
>
> if so you might have short tag off in your php.ini, I found this when
> creating a new server, and forgetting to edit php.ini
>

> On 2014-10-14, 12:38 PM, "Bruce Ferrell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Are there any known issues with WP 4 and Apache 2.4 and php 5.4?
>>
>> I'm seeing some odd "behaviors" with a new installation where pages do
>> not render correctly

Re: Possibly not the right place for this

Kuba Niewiarowski

> No raw PHP displayed.  I was bit by that on the initial install. The
> default theme (or any other) doesn't render...
>
> This is a dev system running as a Linux vm (Centos 7).  When I access
> using a firefox (either at localhost or the IP address of the interface) on
> the VM, all is well, when I access
> the IP of the vm from outside the vm, No theme, no css.  Very weird.

Chmods?

--
Pozdrawiam, Kuba
Niewiarowski.IT

Re: Possibly not the right place for this

James DiGioia
Any relevant console errors or debug.log errors? Does the install work with
the default themes? Can you access the dashboard or is it completely
impossible to get in at all?

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Kuba Niewiarowski <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > No raw PHP displayed.  I was bit by that on the initial install. The
> > default theme (or any other) doesn't render...
> >
> > This is a dev system running as a Linux vm (Centos 7).  When I access
> > using a firefox (either at localhost or the IP address of the interface)
> on
> > the VM, all is well, when I access
> > the IP of the vm from outside the vm, No theme, no css.  Very weird.
> >

> Chmods?
>

> --
> Pozdrawiam, Kuba
> Niewiarowski.IT

Re: Possibly not the right place for this

Bruce Ferrell
Dashboard looks ok.  all files owned apache.apache

debug.log?  you mean /var/log/httpd/error_log?

On 10/14/2014 01:22 PM, James DiGioia wrote:

> Any relevant console errors or debug.log errors? Does the install work with
> the default themes? Can you access the dashboard or is it completely
> impossible to get in at all?
>
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Kuba Niewiarowski <
> [hidden email]> wrote:

>>> No raw PHP displayed.  I was bit by that on the initial install. The
>>> default theme (or any other) doesn't render...
>>>
>>> This is a dev system running as a Linux vm (Centos 7).  When I access
>>> using a firefox (either at localhost or the IP address of the interface)
>> on
>>> the VM, all is well, when I access
>>> the IP of the vm from outside the vm, No theme, no css.  Very weird.
>>>
>> Chmods?
>>

>> --
>> Pozdrawiam, Kuba
>> Niewiarowski.IT

Re: Possibly not the right place for this

James DiGioia
If you're able to log into the Dashboard, try switching to another theme
and see if that displays properly.

If it's a development system, turn on WP_DEBUG. Does the white screen
provide any Fatal Errors or anything?

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Bruce Ferrell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dashboard looks ok.  all files owned apache.apache
>
> debug.log?  you mean /var/log/httpd/error_log?
>

> On 10/14/2014 01:22 PM, James DiGioia wrote:
> > Any relevant console errors or debug.log errors? Does the install work
> with
> > the default themes? Can you access the dashboard or is it completely
> > impossible to get in at all?

> interface)
> >> on
> >>>
> >> Chmods?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Pozdrawiam, Kuba
> >> Niewiarowski.IT

Re: Possibly not the right place for this

Daniel Fenn
Just taken a quick look on line, and I found this:

Source: https://www.apachefriends.org/faq_windows.html Under "Why are
pictures and style-sheets not displayed?"

Sometimes there are problems with displaying pictures and
style-sheets. Especially if these files are located on a network
drive. In this case you can enable (or add) one if the following lines
in the file "\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf":

EnableSendfile off
EnableMMAP off

This problem can also be caused by programs for regulating bandwidth,
like NetLimiter.

Not sure if this the same thing though.
Regards,
Daniel Fenn

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 9:24 AM, James DiGioia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you're able to log into the Dashboard, try switching to another theme
> and see if that displays properly.
>
> If it's a development system, turn on WP_DEBUG. Does the white screen
> provide any Fatal Errors or anything?
>
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Bruce Ferrell <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dashboard looks ok.  all files owned apache.apache
>>
>> debug.log?  you mean /var/log/httpd/error_log?
>>

>> On 10/14/2014 01:22 PM, James DiGioia wrote:
>> > Any relevant console errors or debug.log errors? Does the install work
>> with
>> > the default themes? Can you access the dashboard or is it completely
>> > impossible to get in at all?

>> interface)

Re: Possibly not the right place for this

Daniel Fenn
There also this as well: https://www.apachefriends.org/faq_linux.html

XAMPP runs, but why are none of the images being displayed?

That's a special problem with some Linux systems. Please open your
/opt/lampp/etc/httpd.conf and look for these two lines:

#EnableMMAP off
#EnableSendfile off

Remove the # in both lines and restart your Apache. Your images should be back.
Regards,
Daniel Fenn