Plugin translations

Aero Maxx
Hi Everyone,

How do plugin translations and translate.wordpress.org work?

Should I be doing what I have been doing and including the .po and .mo files with my plugin or should I be expecting people to download them themselves from the translate.wordpress.org website?

Also some translations are categorised as waiting and have been for over a year! Is there anything I can do to speed up the approval?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Plugin translations

J.D. Grimes
Hi Daniel,

Once a translation is available through translate.wordpress.org <http://translate.wordpress.org/>, you no longer need to bundle it in your plugin.

People do not have to download the translations manually, WordPress core actually detects and installs translations automatically.

Translations have to be approved by a translation editor, I think. You can request for the polyglots team to make some of your translators editors, if you trust their translation ability. See https://make.wordpress.org/plugins/2015/12/06/plugin-translations-for-all-plugins/ <https://make.wordpress.org/plugins/2015/12/06/plugin-translations-for-all-plugins/>

-J.D.