Moving sites

Podz
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/61938?replies=8#post-330687

There have been a couple of these happen:
Blog is moved
Cache cleared
Siteurl and home are correct
and yet WP says it is not installed.

It's happened when the domain name has changed and when it has not.
I'm sure it's not a 'newbie' error.

Did something change in the code ?
Is there now information stored elsewhere ?

P.

Re: Moving sites

Justin Moore-2
On 2/21/06, Podz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/61938?replies=8#post-330687

I responded on the forums, but is it at all possible that the user is
connecting to the wrong database or not connecting at all?

http://www.jessiandmatt.net/wordpress/

Shows the database connection error page - not the "It doesn't look
like you've installed WP yet" page.

--
Justin Moore
aka wantmoore

Re: Moving sites

Abhay Kumar
Sometimes, hosts like to add some string in front of a database that's
not always clear. something like domain_-_database rather than just
database.

It's possible, as Justin mentioned, that it's something to do with
connecting to the database,

- Abhay

On 2/21/06, Justin Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/21/06, Podz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > http://wordpress.org/support/topic/61938?replies=8#post-330687
>
> I responded on the forums, but is it at all possible that the user is
> connecting to the wrong database or not connecting at all?
>
> http://www.jessiandmatt.net/wordpress/
>
> Shows the database connection error page - not the "It doesn't look
> like you've installed WP yet" page.
>
> --
> Justin Moore
> aka wantmoore

Abhay Kumar
http://abhaykumar.net/

Re: Moving sites

Podz
Podz wrote:
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/61938?replies=8#post-330687
>
> There have been a couple of these happen:
> Blog is moved
> Cache cleared
> Siteurl and home are correct
> and yet WP says it is not installed.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/62694?replies=1

and another.
I am absolutely certain it is not a user error at all, and that
something either in the WP code is screwing up or that some server
setting is screwing up WP.

This is not new blog stuff where they can start over, and it's damn
difficult to troubleshoot.

Devs ?
Can someone ask the right questions to the OP ?

P.

Re: Moving sites

Podz
Podz wrote:
>> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/61938?replies=8#post-330687
>
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/62694?replies=1

Am I nagging yet ? :)

The issue:
Working blog, they upgrade to 2.0.1 and it says "You haven't installed yet".

Owen posted to the second link above and I think asked for a dump of the
options table.
That is here: http://www.joker619.com/output.htm
The environment is
My host: My own server
PHP version: 4.4.1
MySQL version: 4.0.16
Windows 2003 Server / IIS 6.0.
http://www.joker619.com/info.php

What else is needed to be known for this to be solved ?
It would appear to be a controllable environment and as this has
happened in other cases it seems to be a good chance.

I've done all I can though in flagging this up. Over to you.

P.