Mail Format Hook

Aaron Brazell
Perhaps a bit far reaching, but are there available hooks for mail formats?

-Aaron

Re: Mail Format Hook

Owen Winkler
Aaron Brazell wrote:
> Perhaps a bit far reaching, but are there available hooks for mail formats?

Most if not all of the mail functions can be overridden in a plugin,
since they reside in pluggable-functions.php

Owen

Re: Mail Format Hook

Andy Skelton
On 1/31/06, Owen Winkler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Aaron Brazell wrote:
> > Perhaps a bit far reaching, but are there available hooks for mail formats?
>
> Most if not all of the mail functions can be overridden in a plugin,
> since they reside in pluggable-functions.php

True, but it would be nicer if there were filters in there. I had the
same question last night and was disappointed in the answer.

Andy

Re: Mail Format Hook

Mark Jaquith
On Jan 31, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Andy Skelton wrote:

> On 1/31/06, Owen Winkler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Aaron Brazell wrote:
>>> Perhaps a bit far reaching, but are there available hooks for
>>> mail formats?
>>
>> Most if not all of the mail functions can be overridden in a plugin,
>> since they reside in pluggable-functions.php
>
> True, but it would be nicer if there were filters in there. I had the
> same question last night and was disappointed in the answer.

Are these hooks sort of along the lines of what you are wanting?

http://wphooks.flatearth.org/search/comment_notification
http://wphooks.flatearth.org/search/comment_moderation

Note that they got altered in 2.0.1 to also pass the comment ID.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/

RE: Mail Format Hook

Aaron Brazell
> Are these hooks sort of along the lines of what you are wanting?
>
> http://wphooks.flatearth.org/search/comment_notification
> http://wphooks.flatearth.org/search/comment_moderation
>
> Note that they got altered in 2.0.1 to also pass the comment ID.
>
> --
> Mark Jaquith

Exactly what I was looking for.  I have not done a search on the code for these yet, but I presume these exist currently and are not slated for future development?

Re: Mail Format Hook

Mark Jaquith
On Jan 31, 2006, at 11:11 PM, Aaron Brazell wrote:

> I presume these exist currently and are not slated for future
> development?

They exist in 2.0, but are rather handicapped, because all they pass
is the string of the subject/e-mail/header ... in 2.0.1 they pass the
comment ID as a second parameter, which means you can fetch that
comment and any information relating to it, which makes the hook a
heck of a lot more useful.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/

RE: Mail Format Hook

Aaron Brazell
> They exist in 2.0, but are rather handicapped, because all they pass
> is the string of the subject/e-mail/header ... in 2.0.1 they pass the
> comment ID as a second parameter, which means you can fetch that
> comment and any information relating to it, which makes the hook a
> heck of a lot more useful.
>
> --
> Mark Jaquith

Thanks, I'll do an SVN pull and get the latest code then.

-Aaron

Re: Mail Format Hook

Andy Skelton
Oh, I was thinking of new user registration emails.

RE: Mail Format Hook

Aaron Brazell