MT style permalinks

Aaron Brazell-2
I have some connections who are running MT powered blogs (along with WP
based ones).  He was complaining the other day about MT and how larger
rebuilds hes finding just stop working. I asked him why he didn't switch to
WP and his explanation was that WP didn't support the MT postname style
solution. Anyone know of a way to do this instead of the WP this-is-a-post
style?  I'm thinking having such a permalink token would increas the
likelihood of getting more MTers on WP?

Thoughts?

--
Aaron Brazell
Author & Blogger, http://technosailor.com

Re: MT style permalinks

Rabin Vincent
On 5/23/06, Aaron Brazell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have some connections who are running MT powered blogs (along with WP
> based ones).  He was complaining the other day about MT and how larger
> rebuilds hes finding just stop working. I asked him why he didn't switch to
> WP and his explanation was that WP didn't support the MT postname style
> solution. Anyone know of a way to do this instead of the WP this-is-a-post
> style?  I'm thinking having such a permalink token would increas the
> likelihood of getting more MTers on WP?
>
> Thoughts?

http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins/Underscore_Permalinks

Rabin

--
http://rab.in

Re: MT style permalinks

Dougal Campbell
Aaron Brazell wrote:

> I have some connections who are running MT powered blogs (along with WP
> based ones).  He was complaining the other day about MT and how larger
> rebuilds hes finding just stop working. I asked him why he didn't switch to
> WP and his explanation was that WP didn't support the MT postname style
> invent a
> solution. Anyone know of a way to do this instead of the WP this-is-a-post
> style?  I'm thinking having such a permalink token would increas the
> likelihood of getting more MTers on WP?
>
> Thoughts?

Go to Google. Type in "wordpress plugin mt underscore", and click "I
feel lucky". You should get this link:

  http://orderedlist.com/articles/wordpress-underscore-plugin/

Alternately, goto the WordPress Codex. Search for "underscore plugin".
You should get this one:

   http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins/Underscore_Permalinks

--
Dougal Campbell <[hidden email]>