Is there a way to limit number of plugin activate ?

Is there a way to limit number of plugin activate ?

Sinan-5
Is there a way to limit number of plugin activate ?

I'm thinking to make a wp hosting but limiting plugin is important. Some
plugins makes not just hosting all server fail.

Only solution is giving support or limiting how many plugin customer can
activate.

Any suggestions ?

--
Sinan İŞLER
sinanisler.com <http://www.sinanisler.com/>

Re: Is there a way to limit number of plugin activate ?

bungeshea
Keep in mind that the number of plugins active is not related to
server performance. Some plugins can be really resource-intensive;
others are incredibly light and will have little to no effect on the
site's performance or resource usage at all.

On 7/14/14, Sinan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to limit number of plugin activate ?
>
> I'm thinking to make a wp hosting but limiting plugin is important. Some
> plugins makes not just hosting all server fail.
>
> Only solution is giving support or limiting how many plugin customer can
> activate.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> --
> Sinan İŞLER
> sinanisler.com <http://www.sinanisler.com/>

Re: Is there a way to limit number of plugin activate ?

Ankit Tiwari
Just a random thought.

The list of active plugins is maintained in options table ( prefix_options
). You could set up a hook to run when a plugin is activated and then add a
function to it that does following.
1) get the list of active plugins by $list = get_option( 'active_plugins' );
2) if the number of active plugin is equal to the limit, deactivate the
recently activated plugin.

This is just a guess but I will try this method and if it works, will post
the code.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Sinan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to limit number of plugin activate ?
>
> I'm thinking to make a wp hosting but limiting plugin is important. Some
> plugins makes not just hosting all server fail.
>
> Only solution is giving support or limiting how many plugin customer can
> activate.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> --
> Sinan İŞLER
> sinanisler.com <http://www.sinanisler.com/>

Re: Is there a way to limit number of plugin activate ?

Mark Lane
If I were you, I would set resource limits on each account and if the
user goes over those limits charge them more or use the limits to cut
them off at a certain point. Apache supports resource limits not sure
about IIS. Limiting the number of plug-ins is just not the proper way
to handle this. With that said, you might want to limit which plug-ins
they can install to an approved list. Then again that would require
much more work on your end.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 8:29 AM, Ankit Tiwari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just a random thought.
>
> The list of active plugins is maintained in options table ( prefix_options
> ). You could set up a hook to run when a plugin is activated and then add a
> function to it that does following.
> 1) get the list of active plugins by $list = get_option( 'active_plugins' );
> 2) if the number of active plugin is equal to the limit, deactivate the
> recently activated plugin.
>
> This is just a guess but I will try this method and if it works, will post
> the code.
>

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Sinan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to limit number of plugin activate ?
>>
>> I'm thinking to make a wp hosting but limiting plugin is important. Some
>> plugins makes not just hosting all server fail.
>>
>> Only solution is giving support or limiting how many plugin customer can
>> activate.
>>
>> Any suggestions ?
>>
>> --
>> Sinan İŞLER