Is there a page limit?

Garett Harnish
I ran into an interesting problem ... that is perhaps unique ... I'm not
sure.

For one theme, I wanted to restrict the number of posts to 4 and exclude
an aside category and still page correctly.   As such, I made a new
WP_query and set it to $wpquery in the index.php of the template ...
everything worked well except paging.

Normally I'd have 102 pages at 10 pages a post.  At 4, I have 293 pages
... Anyway, the problem is once I page past 102, I start getting 404
errors ... of course this is because $wpquery that runs earlier had no
data ...

Is there any 'good' way to override the default number of posts in a
theme?  I mean, I have other themes and I don't want to reduce them to
four posts a page ... just this new one.  If I was increasing the
number, it work fine ... but since I'm decreasing it ...  I'm figuring
someone might run into this excluding aside categories as well.

--
Garett

Changing the Default Number of Posts in a Theme [was: Is there a page limit?]

Garett Harnish
Apologies about the subject.   I started composing the e-mail before I
figured out why I couldn't go past page 102 and I forgot to change it
before I sent it.

--
Garett