Importing Serendipity content into Wordpress

Importing Serendipity content into Wordpress

Filip de Waard
Hello,

As I'm a new user to Wordpress, this is my first post to this list.
I've just migrated my weblog from Serendipity to Wordpress. Because I
couldn't find any other way to get my old content into Wordpress,
I've written an import script that imports the posts and comments and
preserves the old Serendipity URI's in Wordpress.

The script is a hack - in the bad sense of the word. I needed
something quick 'n dirty and thats what it turned out to be. I've
posted the script at http://www.filipdewaard.com/personal/long-time-
no-see/ (its GNU GPL). Maybe this will help somebody else who is
planning to migrate. Additionally, it would be nice to add something
like this to Wordpress. If someone wants to use my script as a
starting point to write a more mature version or wants to port it to
the Wordpress API, I would be happy to cooperate.

Just drop me a message if you have any questions or comments about
the script.

With kind regards,

Filip de Waard
---
http://www.filipdewaard.com

Re: Importing Serendipity content into Wordpress

Filip de Waard
Hello,

Who is in charge of the import scripts in the Wordpress team? I
realize my message arrived in the middle of a political discussion
about security, but I'd really like to get in touch with someone who
handles the import scripts, because it would be nice to have an
import script for Serendipity included in Wordpress and I'd be happy
to help writing it.

Cheers,

Filip de Waard
http://www.filipdewaard.com

On 21-apr-2006, at 6:28, Filip de Waard wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As I'm a new user to Wordpress, this is my first post to this list.
> I've just migrated my weblog from Serendipity to Wordpress. Because
> I couldn't find any other way to get my old content into Wordpress,
> I've written an import script that imports the posts and comments
> and preserves the old Serendipity URI's in Wordpress.
>
> The script is a hack - in the bad sense of the word. I needed
> something quick 'n dirty and thats what it turned out to be. I've
> posted the script at http://www.filipdewaard.com/personal/long-time-
> no-see/ (its GNU GPL). Maybe this will help somebody else who is
> planning to migrate. Additionally, it would be nice to add
> something like this to Wordpress. If someone wants to use my script
> as a starting point to write a more mature version or wants to port
> it to the Wordpress API, I would be happy to cooperate.
>
> Just drop me a message if you have any questions or comments about
> the script.
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Filip de Waard
> ---
> http://www.filipdewaard.com

RE: Importing Serendipity content into Wordpress

Denis de Bernardy
for the most part, trac.wordpress.org is in charge.

see also:

http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Matt/WordPress_Responsibilities

D.