Get involved in Wordpress community

Tien Ching
Dear Wordpress community,

I am Ching Tien Shi, a computer engineering undergraduate from
University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I have confidence in my PHP, C
and Java skills and I thought to contribute to an open source project
to make use of my skills. I chose Wordpress and some of my friends
too are interested in contributing to Wordpress project.

Can you guide us to get started with the project?

Best Regards,

Ching Tien Shi
Department of Computer Engineering
Faculty Of Engineering
University Of Peradeniya - Sri Lanka

Re: Get involved in Wordpress community

Koen Van den Wijngaert
Hello Ching,

Great to hear you and your friends are interested in contributing. I would
suggest taking a look at https://make.wordpress.org/ to see how you can
contribute and joining the WordPress Slack
<https://make.wordpress.org/chat/> to get to know the community.

Regards,

Koen

PS: You better get used to writing WordPress instead of Wordpress ;-)

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Tien Ching <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Wordpress community,
>
> I am Ching Tien Shi, a computer engineering undergraduate from
> University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I have confidence in my PHP, C
> and Java skills and I thought to contribute to an open source project
> to make use of my skills. I chose Wordpress and some of my friends
> too are interested in contributing to Wordpress project.
>
> Can you guide us to get started with the project?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Ching Tien Shi
> Department of Computer Engineering
> Faculty Of Engineering
> University Of Peradeniya - Sri Lanka

Re: Get involved in Wordpress community

Tien Ching
Hello Koen,

Thank you for the support. We will get started with those links and will
use WordPress from now on.

Best Regards,

Ching Tien Shi
Department of Computer Engineering
Faculty Of Engineering
University Of Peradeniya - Sri Lanka

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Koen Van den Wijngaert <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Ching,
>
> Great to hear you and your friends are interested in contributing. I would
> suggest taking a look at https://make.wordpress.org/ to see how you can
> contribute and joining the WordPress Slack
> <https://make.wordpress.org/chat/> to get to know the community.
>
> Regards,
>
> Koen
>
> PS: You better get used to writing WordPress instead of Wordpress ;-)
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Tien Ching <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear Wordpress community,
> >
> > I am Ching Tien Shi, a computer engineering undergraduate from
> > University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I have confidence in my PHP, C
> > and Java skills and I thought to contribute to an open source project
> > to make use of my skills. I chose Wordpress and some of my friends
> > too are interested in contributing to Wordpress project.
> >
> > Can you guide us to get started with the project?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Ching Tien Shi
> > Department of Computer Engineering
> > Faculty Of Engineering
> > University Of Peradeniya - Sri Lanka

Re: Get involved in Wordpress community

Sathish Nagarajan
Hi Tien,

I did a workshop in a WordCamp Pune, I have attached it here, it's not
extensive (as it was a presentation of a workshop) but gives you an idea of
things to do to get started.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Tien Ching <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Koen,
>
> Thank you for the support. We will get started with those links and will
> use WordPress from now on.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Ching Tien Shi
> Department of Computer Engineering
> Faculty Of Engineering
> University Of Peradeniya - Sri Lanka
>

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Koen Van den Wijngaert <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello Ching,
> >
> > Great to hear you and your friends are interested in contributing. I
> would
> > suggest taking a look at https://make.wordpress.org/ to see how you can
> > contribute and joining the WordPress Slack
> > <https://make.wordpress.org/chat/> to get to know the community.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Koen
> >
> > PS: You better get used to writing WordPress instead of Wordpress ;-)
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Tien Ching <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Wordpress community,
> > >
> > > I am Ching Tien Shi, a computer engineering undergraduate from
> > > University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I have confidence in my PHP, C
> > > and Java skills and I thought to contribute to an open source project
> > > to make use of my skills. I chose Wordpress and some of my friends
> > > too are interested in contributing to Wordpress project.
> > >
> > > Can you guide us to get started with the project?
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > >
> > > Ching Tien Shi
> > > Department of Computer Engineering
> > > Faculty Of Engineering