[GSoC] Inline editing idea

Stefan Neculai
Hello everyone,

First of all, I’m not a student. I just want to propose an idea for this GSoC: “Inline editing of posts directly on any page.”.

I’m co-founder of Froala Editor (http://editor.froala.com) and I think that our inline mode of the editor would work very well with Wordpress. The main idea is to allow people to edit their posts directly on the webpage without having to go to the admin interface. Don’t worry about the license, we can update it to allow Wordpress users to use it for free and overcome any legal issues related to it.

Short bio about me:
http://linkedin.com/in/stefanneculai
https://github.com/stefanneculai

I can help mentoring it and I am willing to support any changes required to the editor to make it Wordpress compliant. Looking forward to hear from you.

Stefan

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Madalin Ignisca
If you'd like to collaborate with somebody to release a plugin for your
editor, you need to release a GPL 2/3 compatible version to comply with
WordPress and a question would be, what advantages would it offer above
other popular solutions already implemented.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Stefan Neculai <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> First of all, I’m not a student. I just want to propose an idea for this
> GSoC: “Inline editing of posts directly on any page.”.
>
> I’m co-founder of Froala Editor (http://editor.froala.com) and I think
> that our inline mode of the editor would work very well with Wordpress. The
> main idea is to allow people to edit their posts directly on the webpage
> without having to go to the admin interface. Don’t worry about the license,
> we can update it to allow Wordpress users to use it for free and overcome
> any legal issues related to it.
>
> Short bio about me:
> http://linkedin.com/in/stefanneculai
> https://github.com/stefanneculai
>
> I can help mentoring it and I am willing to support any changes required
> to the editor to make it Wordpress compliant. Looking forward to hear from
> you.
>

> Stefan

*Madalin Ignisca*
*web developer*
http://imadalin.ro/

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Eric Hendrix
Front-end editing is a relatively new implementation for WordPress, much like Concrete5's WYSIWYG solutions.

I'm interested.
Eric A. Hendrix
308 McFadyen Drive
Fayetteville, NC
28314
910.644.8940
[hidden email]
www.hendronix.com

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:09 AM, Madalin Ignisca
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you'd like to collaborate with somebody to release a plugin for your
> editor, you need to release a GPL 2/3 compatible version to comply with
> WordPress and a question would be, what advantages would it offer above
> other popular solutions already implemented.
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Stefan Neculai <[hidden email]>wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> First of all, I’m not a student. I just want to propose an idea for this
>> GSoC: “Inline editing of posts directly on any page.”.
>>
>> I’m co-founder of Froala Editor (http://editor.froala.com) and I think
>> that our inline mode of the editor would work very well with Wordpress. The
>> main idea is to allow people to edit their posts directly on the webpage
>> without having to go to the admin interface. Don’t worry about the license,
>> we can update it to allow Wordpress users to use it for free and overcome
>> any legal issues related to it.
>>
>> Short bio about me:
>> http://linkedin.com/in/stefanneculai
>> https://github.com/stefanneculai
>>
>> I can help mentoring it and I am willing to support any changes required
>> to the editor to make it Wordpress compliant. Looking forward to hear from
>> you.
>>

>> Stefan

> *Madalin Ignisca*
> *web developer*
> http://imadalin.ro/

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Madalin Ignisca
It's not new at all, there are a few solutions that are a few years old and
quite popular.

One of the best: http://scribu.net/wordpress/front-end-editor/

Still, another one it's always good to come. Please Stefan, can you detail
the licence type you can offer if you'd like it in the WordPress.org repos
(must comply with the terms of WordPress.org)

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Eric Hendrix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Front-end editing is a relatively new implementation for WordPress, much
> like Concrete5's WYSIWYG solutions.
>

> I'm interested.
> Eric A. Hendrix
> 308 McFadyen Drive
> Fayetteville, NC
> 28314
> 910.644.8940
> [hidden email]
> www.hendronix.com
>
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:09 AM, Madalin Ignisca
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > If you'd like to collaborate with somebody to release a plugin for your
> > editor, you need to release a GPL 2/3 compatible version to comply with
> > WordPress and a question would be, what advantages would it offer above
> > other popular solutions already implemented.
> > On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Stefan Neculai <
> [hidden email]>wrote:
> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> First of all, I’m not a student. I just want to propose an idea for this
> >> GSoC: “Inline editing of posts directly on any page.”.
> >>
> >> I’m co-founder of Froala Editor (http://editor.froala.com) and I think
> >> that our inline mode of the editor would work very well with Wordpress.
> The
> >> main idea is to allow people to edit their posts directly on the webpage
> >> without having to go to the admin interface. Don’t worry about the
> license,
> >> we can update it to allow Wordpress users to use it for free and
> overcome
> >> any legal issues related to it.
> >>
> >> Short bio about me:
> >> http://linkedin.com/in/stefanneculai
> >> https://github.com/stefanneculai
> >>
> >> I can help mentoring it and I am willing to support any changes required
> >> to the editor to make it Wordpress compliant. Looking forward to hear
> from
> >> you.
> >>

> >> Stefan

> > --
> > *Madalin Ignisca*
> > *web developer*
> > http://imadalin.ro/

*Madalin Ignisca*
*web developer*
http://imadalin.ro/

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

John Blackbourn
There is currently a Front End Editor plugin in progress, which is
being developed as a feature as a plugin:
http://wptavern.com/wordpress-front-end-editor-plugin-gets-major-updates
. This means the plugin is being developed with an eye on potentially
being included in WordPress core at some point in the future. More
info: http://make.wordpress.org/core/features-as-plugins/

Of course, it doesn't mean you shouldn't tackle a new approach yourself!

John

On 26 February 2014 14:12, Eric Hendrix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Front-end editing is a relatively new implementation for WordPress, much like Concrete5's WYSIWYG solutions.
>

> I'm interested.
> Eric A. Hendrix
> 308 McFadyen Drive
> Fayetteville, NC
> 28314
> 910.644.8940
> [hidden email]
> www.hendronix.com
>
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:09 AM, Madalin Ignisca
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> If you'd like to collaborate with somebody to release a plugin for your
>> editor, you need to release a GPL 2/3 compatible version to comply with
>> WordPress and a question would be, what advantages would it offer above
>> other popular solutions already implemented.
>> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Stefan Neculai <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> First of all, I'm not a student. I just want to propose an idea for this
>>> GSoC: "Inline editing of posts directly on any page.".
>>>
>>> I'm co-founder of Froala Editor (http://editor.froala.com) and I think
>>> that our inline mode of the editor would work very well with Wordpress. The
>>> main idea is to allow people to edit their posts directly on the webpage
>>> without having to go to the admin interface. Don't worry about the license,
>>> we can update it to allow Wordpress users to use it for free and overcome
>>> any legal issues related to it.
>>>
>>> Short bio about me:
>>> http://linkedin.com/in/stefanneculai
>>> https://github.com/stefanneculai
>>>
>>> I can help mentoring it and I am willing to support any changes required
>>> to the editor to make it Wordpress compliant. Looking forward to hear from
>>> you.
>>>

>>> Stefan

>> --
>> *Madalin Ignisca*
>> *web developer*
>> http://imadalin.ro/

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Madalin Ignisca
I was searching my brain to remember that one John, that is really one I
like.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:30 PM, John Blackbourn
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> There is currently a Front End Editor plugin in progress, which is
> being developed as a feature as a plugin:
> http://wptavern.com/wordpress-front-end-editor-plugin-gets-major-updates
> . This means the plugin is being developed with an eye on potentially
> being included in WordPress core at some point in the future. More
> info: http://make.wordpress.org/core/features-as-plugins/
>
> Of course, it doesn't mean you shouldn't tackle a new approach yourself!
>
> John
>
> On 26 February 2014 14:12, Eric Hendrix <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Front-end editing is a relatively new implementation for WordPress, much
> like Concrete5's WYSIWYG solutions.
> >

> > I'm interested.
> > Eric A. Hendrix
> > 308 McFadyen Drive
> > Fayetteville, NC
> > 28314
> > 910.644.8940
> > [hidden email]
> > www.hendronix.com
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:09 AM, Madalin Ignisca
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> If you'd like to collaborate with somebody to release a plugin for your
> >> editor, you need to release a GPL 2/3 compatible version to comply with
> >> WordPress and a question would be, what advantages would it offer above
> >> other popular solutions already implemented.

> this

> Wordpress. The
> webpage
> license,
> overcome

> required
> from

> >> --
> >> *Madalin Ignisca*
> >> *web developer*
> >> http://imadalin.ro/

*Madalin Ignisca*
*web developer*
http://imadalin.ro/

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Eric Hendrix
I should say that successful implementations of the front-end editor are
new (like Concrete5). Don't mean to jump in the middle of your conversation
Madalin, but it's an open discussion.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Madalin Ignisca
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> I was searching my brain to remember that one John, that is really one I
> like.
>

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:30 PM, John Blackbourn
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > There is currently a Front End Editor plugin in progress, which is
> > being developed as a feature as a plugin:
> > http://wptavern.com/wordpress-front-end-editor-plugin-gets-major-updates
> > . This means the plugin is being developed with an eye on potentially
> > being included in WordPress core at some point in the future. More
> > info: http://make.wordpress.org/core/features-as-plugins/
> >
> > Of course, it doesn't mean you shouldn't tackle a new approach yourself!
> >
> > John
> >
> > On 26 February 2014 14:12, Eric Hendrix <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Front-end editing is a relatively new implementation for WordPress,
> much
> > like Concrete5's WYSIWYG solutions.
> > >

> > > I'm interested.
> > > Eric A. Hendrix
> > > 308 McFadyen Drive
> > > Fayetteville, NC
> > > 28314
> > > 910.644.8940
> > > [hidden email]
> > > www.hendronix.com

> your
> with
> above

> > this

> think
> > Wordpress. The
> > webpage
> > license,
> > overcome

> > required
> > from

> *Madalin Ignisca*
> *web developer*
> http://imadalin.ro/

*Eric A. Hendrix*
[hidden email]
(910) 644-8940

*"Non Timebo Mala"*

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Stefan Neculai
We are willing to offer a license that allow all Wordpress users to use it for free current and all further improved versions - as far as I know this would be compliant with the GPL license. Would that work?

What would be the steps involved in order to get it from a plugin to a core feature?

Do you think it would work as a GSoC project?

Thanks,
Stefan

On Feb 26, 2014, at 4:35 PM, Eric Hendrix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I should say that successful implementations of the front-end editor are
> new (like Concrete5). Don't mean to jump in the middle of your conversation
> Madalin, but it's an open discussion.
>

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Madalin Ignisca
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> I was searching my brain to remember that one John, that is really one I
>> like.
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:30 PM, John Blackbourn
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> There is currently a Front End Editor plugin in progress, which is
>>> being developed as a feature as a plugin:
>>> http://wptavern.com/wordpress-front-end-editor-plugin-gets-major-updates
>>> . This means the plugin is being developed with an eye on potentially
>>> being included in WordPress core at some point in the future. More
>>> info: http://make.wordpress.org/core/features-as-plugins/
>>>
>>> Of course, it doesn't mean you shouldn't tackle a new approach yourself!
>>>
>>> John

>> much
>>> like Concrete5's WYSIWYG solutions.

>> your
>> with
>> above

>>> this

>> think
>>> Wordpress. The
>>> webpage
>>> license,
>>> overcome

>>> required
>>> from

>> --
>> *Madalin Ignisca*
>> *web developer*
>> http://imadalin.ro/

> *Eric A. Hendrix*
> [hidden email]
> (910) 644-8940
>
> *"Non Timebo Mala"*

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Janneke Van Dorpe
Someone doing that as a GSoC project is probably not a good idea since there are already several solutions, one of which, as John pointed out, is a potential feature developed as a plugin that I'm working on.

If anyone is interested in developing a Front-end editor, let's work together on this rather than starting similar projects independently. I'm not saying this plugin is *the* solution. It's always good to look at other approaches. It would just be better to have only one project with good discussions and communication, even if that means creating more than one plugin or branch.

The plugin can be found on wordpress.org (http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-front-end-editor/) and is developed on GitHub (https://github.com/avryl/wp-front-end-editor).

Janneke

On 26 Feb 2014, at 15:00, Stefan Neculai <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are willing to offer a license that allow all Wordpress users to use it for free current and all further improved versions - as far as I know this would be compliant with the GPL license. Would that work?
>
> What would be the steps involved in order to get it from a plugin to a core feature?
>
> Do you think it would work as a GSoC project?
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan
>
> On Feb 26, 2014, at 4:35 PM, Eric Hendrix <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I should say that successful implementations of the front-end editor are
>> new (like Concrete5). Don't mean to jump in the middle of your conversation
>> Madalin, but it's an open discussion.
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Madalin Ignisca
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> I was searching my brain to remember that one John, that is really one I
>>> like.

>>> much

>>> your
>>> with
>>> above

>>> think

>>> --
>>> *Madalin Ignisca*
>>> *web developer*
>>> http://imadalin.ro/
>>>

>> --
>> *Eric A. Hendrix*
>> [hidden email]
>> (910) 644-8940
>>
>> *"Non Timebo Mala"*

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Stefan Neculai
I do agree and I really like your work on it. I see that you are currently using TinyMCE there and I believe that Froala Editor would fit better for few reasons. First of all it’s lightweight and it offers all basic functionality that TinyMCE comes with too, but in addition it’s the first editor that supports image resize on mobile devices. Also, you can’t ignore the nice flat design from inline mode.

Moreover, I will offer all my support to make the editor fit the requirements and do any necessary changes to make it fit the plugin. Can we talk more about it on Skype (my Skype id is in the signature)?

Stefan Neculai
Skype: stefanneculai

On Feb 26, 2014, at 8:49 PM, Janneke Van Dorpe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Someone doing that as a GSoC project is probably not a good idea since there are already several solutions, one of which, as John pointed out, is a potential feature developed as a plugin that I'm working on.
>
> If anyone is interested in developing a Front-end editor, let's work together on this rather than starting similar projects independently. I'm not saying this plugin is *the* solution. It's always good to look at other approaches. It would just be better to have only one project with good discussions and communication, even if that means creating more than one plugin or branch.
>
> The plugin can be found on wordpress.org (http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-front-end-editor/) and is developed on GitHub (https://github.com/avryl/wp-front-end-editor).
>
> Janneke
>
> On 26 Feb 2014, at 15:00, Stefan Neculai <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> We are willing to offer a license that allow all Wordpress users to use it for free current and all further improved versions - as far as I know this would be compliant with the GPL license. Would that work?
>>
>> What would be the steps involved in order to get it from a plugin to a core feature?
>>
>> Do you think it would work as a GSoC project?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Stefan
>>
>> On Feb 26, 2014, at 4:35 PM, Eric Hendrix <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I should say that successful implementations of the front-end editor are
>>> new (like Concrete5). Don't mean to jump in the middle of your conversation
>>> Madalin, but it's an open discussion.

>>> --
>>> *Eric A. Hendrix*
>>> [hidden email]
>>> (910) 644-8940
>>>
>>> *"Non Timebo Mala"*

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Madalin Ignisca
WordPress TinyMCE is a modified version to make the "content" in editor in
the standards that have been decided by the community.

You would need to alter Froala to make sure the "content" is preserved as
currently is. You need to check the WordPress documentation to understand
the filters that are applied to the content, how plugins and themes can
hook in this filters to add additional modifications. You also need to make
a nice usable API so plugin/themes authors can easily extend your editor on
the fly.

We can't just replace the current modified TinyMCE with another editor
without preparing it for WordPress.

And the hole "editor" system isn't just an editor, it's a more complex
system with some other components in it forming the "editor" as it's called.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:11 PM, Stefan Neculai <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I do agree and I really like your work on it. I see that you are currently
> using TinyMCE there and I believe that Froala Editor would fit better for
> few reasons. First of all it’s lightweight and it offers all basic
> functionality that TinyMCE comes with too, but in addition it’s the first
> editor that supports image resize on mobile devices. Also, you can’t ignore
> the nice flat design from inline mode.
>
> Moreover, I will offer all my support to make the editor fit the
> requirements and do any necessary changes to make it fit the plugin. Can we
> talk more about it on Skype (my Skype id is in the signature)?
>

> Stefan Neculai
> Skype: stefanneculai
>
> On Feb 26, 2014, at 8:49 PM, Janneke Van Dorpe <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Someone doing that as a GSoC project is probably not a good idea since
> there are already several solutions, one of which, as John pointed out, is
> a potential feature developed as a plugin that I'm working on.
> >
> > If anyone is interested in developing a Front-end editor, let's work
> together on this rather than starting similar projects independently. I'm
> not saying this plugin is *the* solution. It's always good to look at other
> approaches. It would just be better to have only one project with good
> discussions and communication, even if that means creating more than one
> plugin or branch.
> >
> > The plugin can be found on wordpress.org (
> http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-front-end-editor/) and is developed on
> GitHub (https://github.com/avryl/wp-front-end-editor).
> >
> > Janneke
> >
> > On 26 Feb 2014, at 15:00, Stefan Neculai <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> We are willing to offer a license that allow all Wordpress users to use
> it for free current and all further improved versions - as far as I know
> this would be compliant with the GPL license. Would that work?
> >>
> >> What would be the steps involved in order to get it from a plugin to a
> core feature?
> >>
> >> Do you think it would work as a GSoC project?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Stefan

> are
> conversation

> one I

> http://wptavern.com/wordpress-front-end-editor-plugin-gets-major-updates

> yourself!

> for

> hear

*Madalin Ignisca*
*web developer*
http://imadalin.ro/

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Janneke Van Dorpe
TinyMCE is used is because that's what core uses. Using a different editor would mean changing a lot of code, used for both the front- and back-end editor, that assumes TinyMCE. You can't just replace TinyMCE with another editor without breaking things.
The design of your editor is not really a good argument, it gets changed anyway. :)

Janneke

On 26 Feb 2014, at 19:11, Stefan Neculai <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I do agree and I really like your work on it. I see that you are currently using TinyMCE there and I believe that Froala Editor would fit better for few reasons. First of all it’s lightweight and it offers all basic functionality that TinyMCE comes with too, but in addition it’s the first editor that supports image resize on mobile devices. Also, you can’t ignore the nice flat design from inline mode.
>
> Moreover, I will offer all my support to make the editor fit the requirements and do any necessary changes to make it fit the plugin. Can we talk more about it on Skype (my Skype id is in the signature)?
>

> Stefan Neculai
> Skype: stefanneculai
>
> On Feb 26, 2014, at 8:49 PM, Janneke Van Dorpe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Someone doing that as a GSoC project is probably not a good idea since there are already several solutions, one of which, as John pointed out, is a potential feature developed as a plugin that I'm working on.
>>
>> If anyone is interested in developing a Front-end editor, let's work together on this rather than starting similar projects independently. I'm not saying this plugin is *the* solution. It's always good to look at other approaches. It would just be better to have only one project with good discussions and communication, even if that means creating more than one plugin or branch.
>>
>> The plugin can be found on wordpress.org (http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-front-end-editor/) and is developed on GitHub (https://github.com/avryl/wp-front-end-editor).
>>
>> Janneke
>>
>> On 26 Feb 2014, at 15:00, Stefan Neculai <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> We are willing to offer a license that allow all Wordpress users to use it for free current and all further improved versions - as far as I know this would be compliant with the GPL license. Would that work?
>>>
>>> What would be the steps involved in order to get it from a plugin to a core feature?
>>>
>>> Do you think it would work as a GSoC project?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Stefan

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Nikola Nikolov
@Stefan - I took a quick look at your editor and I have to admit that it
does look pretty awesome!

Here are *my* thoughts on why it could be difficult/impossible to implement
your editor in WordPress:

Unfortunately since TinyMCE is the built-in editor for WordPress, you can't
just toss it out the window(I realize that this is not what you are
suggesting, but having different editors would bring inconsistencies
between the front/back-editing of content).
There are lots of plugins and themes out there that add basic or advanced
functionality to the TinyMCE editor - either enabling built-in(but disabled
by default) functionality, or adding something completely new.

That means that you should somehow offer support for that extra
functionality - or at the very least you should avoid JS errors. In order
to add that support to your editor, I assume that it would loose some of
it's advantages(like being lightweight for instance). The very minimum of
what you would need to add support for is all of the built-in WordPress
extensions to TinyMCE(read gallery shortcodes, custom link button, etc.)

Then there is the issue of the different approaches UI-wise - TinyMCE has
it's toolbar visible all of the time at the top of the content - you show
styling buttons upon selecting some text(which is kind of cool). This would
create two different experiences for the users(one when editing in the
back-end and one when editing in the front-end), which can be confusing to
some users(sadly for me not everyone is tech-savvy or sometimes not even
close to being tech-savvy).

Honestly I would be happy to see a nice editor(although I don't have a lot
of complaints with TinyMCE at the moment) make it's way into WordPress, but
it's definitely something that would either not happen, or would take a
long time.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Madalin Ignisca
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> [...]
> > a potential feature developed as a plugin that I'm working on.
> > >
> > > If anyone is interested in developing a Front-end editor, let's work
> > together on this rather than starting similar projects independently. I'm
> > not saying this plugin is *the* solution. It's always good to look at
> other
> > approaches. It would just be better to have only one project with good
> > discussions and communication, even if that means creating more than one
> > plugin or branch.
> > >
> > > The plugin can be found on wordpress.org (
> > http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-front-end-editor/) and is developed on
> > GitHub (https://github.com/avryl/wp-front-end-editor).
> > >
> > > Janneke

> use
> > it for free current and all further improved versions - as far as I know
> > this would be compliant with the GPL license. Would that work?

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Otto-19
On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Stefan Neculai
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> We are willing to offer a license that allow all Wordpress users to use it for free current and all further improved versions - as far as I know this would be compliant with the GPL license. Would that work?

No. The code would have to be itself licensed under the GPL or a
compatible license. Keeping it proprietary but "free of cost" is not
good enough.

-Otto

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Stefan Neculai
@Madalin: is there a link where I can read about it? I looked over the documentation but couldn’t find more about it.

@Janneke: I see. Probably the current approach is better for the moment. It looks like there are some updates needed for Froala Editor and I think it may come as an alternative sometime in the future.

@Nikola: Thanks for your thoughts. :-)

@Otto: Got it.

Stefan

On Feb 26, 2014, at 9:49 PM, Otto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Stefan Neculai
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> We are willing to offer a license that allow all Wordpress users to use it for free current and all further improved versions - as far as I know this would be compliant with the GPL license. Would that work?
>
> No. The code would have to be itself licensed under the GPL or a
> compatible license. Keeping it proprietary but "free of cost" is not
> good enough.
>
> -Otto

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Madalin Ignisca
oh, sorry, my bad, the official documentation about the editor is very
poor, you may start digging from here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/TinyMCEor like most of us here in WP from
the source.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:00 PM, Stefan Neculai
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> @Madalin: is there a link where I can read about it? I looked over the
> documentation but couldn’t find more about it.
>
> @Janneke: I see. Probably the current approach is better for the moment.
> It looks like there are some updates needed for Froala Editor and I think
> it may come as an alternative sometime in the future.
>
> @Nikola: Thanks for your thoughts. :-)
>
> @Otto: Got it.
>

> Stefan
>

> On Feb 26, 2014, at 9:49 PM, Otto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Stefan Neculai
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> We are willing to offer a license that allow all Wordpress users to use
> it for free current and all further improved versions - as far as I know
> this would be compliant with the GPL license. Would that work?
> >
> > No. The code would have to be itself licensed under the GPL or a
> > compatible license. Keeping it proprietary but "free of cost" is not
> > good enough.
> >
> > -Otto

*Madalin Ignisca*
*web developer*
http://imadalin.ro/

Re: [GSoC] Inline editing idea

Janneke Van Dorpe
It's not just updates to your editor. TinyMCE is integrated with the media uploader, autosave, wp_editor()...

https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/search?p=1&q=tinymce+-path%3Awp-includes%2Fjs%2Ftinymce+-extension%3Acss&type=Code

Janneke