GSoC 2014 participant here interested in bbPress Per-Forum moderation

GSoC 2014 participant here interested in bbPress Per-Forum moderation

Shitiz Garg
Hello! I'm a first time GSoC participant and am just starting looking into
prospective ideas for organisations I'm interested in. Out of those I like
WP's bbPress Per-Forum moderation proposal as forums are something I've
played with for a long time, and since I don't have any direct experience
with WP, it'd be a good entry point into development with WP.

I thought I'd say Hi and start up on how I should proceed from now, I'm an
experienced PHP coder (http://github.com/Dragooon is my GH repository) but
I don't have any meaningful experience in developing core WP or plugins for
WP. How should I proceed as the applications are starting fairly soon? Any
advice is appreciated, I understand that some code samples might help me
but I'm not sure what I should code related to this proposal that isn't the
actual proposal itself.

Thanks
- Shitiz Garg