Duo-categories: category_name=cat1_and_cat2

Duo-categories: category_name=cat1_and_cat2

Dion Almaer

Hi guys,

I have a need to be able to filter the posts that get sent to the loop to be
posts that are marked in MULTIPLE categories.

As always, I like to use filters rather than hack at the core, but using:

add_filter('posts_where',...)
add_filter('posts_join',...)

Isn't going to really do the trick.

So, I looked at hacking the core to look at 'category_name' and if there is
a magic token (e.g. _and_) I can split it up and do a double join to make
sure that both categories.

Am I missing something obvious here? (I am not using the 'tag' plugins).

Cheers,

Dion Almaer
Founder, Ajaxian.com
http://ajaxian.com