Disabling 'Manage' menu in admin

Rob Schumann
Hi,

I'd like to disable the entire 'Manage' menu in admin for
'Contributors', but cannot see a straightforward way for
doing this without denying those same contributors to
contribute new articles to the blog.

The reason this has become an issue with the blog's owner is
that under the 'Manage' menu contributors get to see
everything posted within the system, not just the content
they themselves have created. Granted they can't do anything
damaging to the posts themselves, but they should not be
able to see stuff that was written by others, especially if
it is not yet publicly available through the website itself.

The same goes for comments.. Here there is also a problem on
the dashboard where the 'edit' option is provided against
every comment listed, irrespective of whether the logged-in
contributor has editing rights for those comments.

I'd like to be able to remove the whole 'Manage section'
from the Contributor's admin view, as well as tidy up the
dashboard (not list content they shouldn't see, not show
'edit' where editing isn't possible), but without affecting
their ability to create new content, and I'd like to do it,
if at all possible, without hacking at the WP core... too
much ;)

Question is, how?

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Best regards

Rob

Re: Disabling 'Manage' menu in admin

Owen Winkler
Rob Schumann wrote:
> I'd like to disable the entire 'Manage' menu in admin for
> 'Contributors', but cannot see a straightforward way for
> doing this without denying those same contributors to
> contribute new articles to the blog.
>
> Question is, how?

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/54017#post-319165

Owen

Re: Disabling 'Manage' menu in admin

Rob Schumann
Thanks Owen,

Sorry for the delay in replying... sent from the wrong email
address first time and got filtered out

On 09-02-2006at 22:30, [hidden email] (Owen
Winkler) wrote:

  >  http://wordpress.org/support/topic/54017#post-319165

With a small change I've vanished the 'Manage' menu tab
entirely.

Much appreciated.

Best regards

Rob