A new lightweight documentation resource for advanced WordPress development

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A new lightweight documentation resource for advanced WordPress development

Eric Andrew Lewis
Hi friends,

I'd like to invite you to make a new resource
<https://github.com/ericandrewlewis/web-dev-resources/blob/master/wordpress.md>
with me, for both us and our fellow WordPress developers.

I would like this resource to be as lightweight as possible. I am not
interested at the moment in creating a new, canonical encyclopedia for
developer documentation. If we tried to, we might get excited about it,
assume some responsibility and cobble some notes together. But we would
realize the project is too ambitious. We would write some stuff, but end up
with a poor mans Codex. I'd feel sad and beaten down, and you'd feel the
time you committed to the project was a waste of time.

Therefore it will take the form of a curated collection of links, similar
to lists like these <https://github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks>.
Folks have written articles, tutorials and other forms of documentation on
specific topics around the web, in detail. Folks have created plugins that
offer awesome functionality for us. Let's make a table of contents of these
resources we find absolutely useful in our ongoing effort of being
world-class WordPress developers.

Here's the list in its current state
<https://github.com/ericandrewlewis/web-dev-resources/blob/master/wordpress.md>.
Feel free to create open up an issue sharing resources / thoughts.

To go along with this, I'm hosting a weekly chat about said resources in
our IRC channel #wordpress, Wednesdays at 1900 - 2000 UTC
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=19&min=00&sec=0> (3
PM Eastern).

Eric Andrew Lewis
ericandrewlewis.com
610.715.8560
_______________________________________________
wp-hackers mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A new lightweight documentation resource for advanced WordPress development

Frank Bueltge
Hi Eric,

thanks to share with us.
To your idea of a ressources for WP Developers. But do you know the site:
http://wpgear.org/ - also a site, github repo with links for WP devs.

Liebe Grüße
Frank

__
http://bueltge.de
http://inpsyde.com
http://marketpress.com

Privat: +49 36428 169305 | Mobil: +49 170 5322053

Inpsyde GmbH, http://inpsyde.com, Mutzer Heide 3, 51467 Bergisch Gladbach
Steuernr: 204/5756/0999, Steueridentnr.: DE263849534
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter: Heinz Rohé, HRB 65224, Amtsgericht Köln

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 8:00 PM, Eric Andrew Lewis <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> I'd like to invite you to make a new resource
> <
> https://github.com/ericandrewlewis/web-dev-resources/blob/master/wordpress.md
> >
> with me, for both us and our fellow WordPress developers.
>
> I would like this resource to be as lightweight as possible. I am not
> interested at the moment in creating a new, canonical encyclopedia for
> developer documentation. If we tried to, we might get excited about it,
> assume some responsibility and cobble some notes together. But we would
> realize the project is too ambitious. We would write some stuff, but end up
> with a poor mans Codex. I'd feel sad and beaten down, and you'd feel the
> time you committed to the project was a waste of time.
>
> Therefore it will take the form of a curated collection of links, similar
> to lists like these <https://github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks>.
> Folks have written articles, tutorials and other forms of documentation on
> specific topics around the web, in detail. Folks have created plugins that
> offer awesome functionality for us. Let's make a table of contents of these
> resources we find absolutely useful in our ongoing effort of being
> world-class WordPress developers.
>
> Here's the list in its current state
> <
> https://github.com/ericandrewlewis/web-dev-resources/blob/master/wordpress.md
> >.
> Feel free to create open up an issue sharing resources / thoughts.
>
> To go along with this, I'm hosting a weekly chat about said resources in
> our IRC channel #wordpress, Wednesdays at 1900 - 2000 UTC
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=19&min=00&sec=0>
> (3
> PM Eastern).
>
> Eric Andrew Lewis
> ericandrewlewis.com
> 610.715.8560
> _______________________________________________
> wp-hackers mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers
>
_______________________________________________
wp-hackers mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A new lightweight documentation resource for advanced WordPress development

Eric Andrew Lewis
Hey Frank - that is awesome, thanks for sharing!

--  
Eric Andrew Lewis


On Sunday, September 14, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Frank Bueltge wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>  
> thanks to share with us.
> To your idea of a ressources for WP Developers. But do you know the site:
> http://wpgear.org/ - also a site, github repo with links for WP devs.
>  
> Liebe Grüße
> Frank
>  
> __
> http://bueltge.de
> http://inpsyde.com
> http://marketpress.com
>  
> Privat: +49 36428 169305 | Mobil: +49 170 5322053
>  
> Inpsyde GmbH, http://inpsyde.com, Mutzer Heide 3, 51467 Bergisch Gladbach
> Steuernr: 204/5756/0999, Steueridentnr.: DE263849534
> Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter: Heinz Rohé, HRB 65224, Amtsgericht Köln
>  
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 8:00 PM, Eric Andrew Lewis <
> [hidden email] (mailto:[hidden email])> wrote:
>  
> > Hi friends,
> >  
> > I'd like to invite you to make a new resource
> > <
> > https://github.com/ericandrewlewis/web-dev-resources/blob/master/wordpress.md
> > >  
> >  
> > with me, for both us and our fellow WordPress developers.
> >  
> > I would like this resource to be as lightweight as possible. I am not
> > interested at the moment in creating a new, canonical encyclopedia for
> > developer documentation. If we tried to, we might get excited about it,
> > assume some responsibility and cobble some notes together. But we would
> > realize the project is too ambitious. We would write some stuff, but end up
> > with a poor mans Codex. I'd feel sad and beaten down, and you'd feel the
> > time you committed to the project was a waste of time.
> >  
> > Therefore it will take the form of a curated collection of links, similar
> > to lists like these <https://github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks>.
> > Folks have written articles, tutorials and other forms of documentation on
> > specific topics around the web, in detail. Folks have created plugins that
> > offer awesome functionality for us. Let's make a table of contents of these
> > resources we find absolutely useful in our ongoing effort of being
> > world-class WordPress developers.
> >  
> > Here's the list in its current state
> > <
> > https://github.com/ericandrewlewis/web-dev-resources/blob/master/wordpress.md
> > > .
> >  
> > Feel free to create open up an issue sharing resources / thoughts.
> >  
> > To go along with this, I'm hosting a weekly chat about said resources in
> > our IRC channel #wordpress, Wednesdays at 1900 - 2000 UTC
> > <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=19&min=00&sec=0>
> > (3
> > PM Eastern).
> >  
> > Eric Andrew Lewis
> > ericandrewlewis.com (http://ericandrewlewis.com)
> > 610.715.8560
> > _______________________________________________
> > wp-hackers mailing list
> > [hidden email] (mailto:[hidden email])
> > http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers
> >  
>  
> _______________________________________________
> wp-hackers mailing list
> [hidden email] (mailto:[hidden email])
> http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers
>  
>  


_______________________________________________
wp-hackers mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers