404 pages

Kai Hendry
Just thought I'll let you know of a problem I encountered on my blog
this morning.

Alarmingly I noticed my pages "archives" and "links" stopped working.
404s were displayed.

Of course, I didn't notice this in the logs as everything is reported as
200 OK.

I created a test page with the same template as archives and it worked.
Mysterious! So to fix the problem I deleted "archives" and "links"
pages, then recreated them.

I have no idea how I should debug why they stopped working. I haven't
changed anything for ages.

Can I at least suggest proper 404 reporting?