3.9-beta and the Editor

Frank Bueltge
Hello.

Currently I maintain a plugin to enhance Quicktags to the text- and visual
editor.
But it is not possible to add buttons to the TinyMCE.
Is this a open issue in the current beta or it is important, that we test
more. With the 3.8.1 works all tests fine. I have also the problem, that
the text editor add all additional buttons twice.
I have tested also with default source, simple from the codex, no positiv
result.

Best regards
Frank

Re: 3.9-beta and the Editor

Pascal Birchler
Hi Frank

Seems like plugins that add TinyMCE plugins or custom code will need to be
updated for WP 3.9. Details can be found in ticket
#24067<https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24067>.
Nacin mentioned it in the 3.9 Beta 1 announcement
post<http://wordpress.org/news/2014/03/wordpress-3-9-beta-1/>
.

Cheers

Pascal

> Hello.
>
> Currently I maintain a plugin to enhance Quicktags to the text- and visual
> editor.
> But it is not possible to add buttons to the TinyMCE.
> Is this a open issue in the current beta or it is important, that we test
> more. With the 3.8.1 works all tests fine. I have also the problem, that
> the text editor add all additional buttons twice.
> I have tested also with default source, simple from the codex, no positiv
> result.
>
> Best regards
> Frank

Re: 3.9-beta and the Editor

Frank Bueltge
Hi Pascal,

Thanks a lot. The is post is one of much posts, there I would read later.
The ticket have all Informationen, also the upgrade guide from tinymce.
now is it more important for me to. maintain the plugins.

Kurz und Knapp, von unterwegs.
LG Frank