2.next Feature Request

Aaron Brazell
I realize that this does not affect everyone - in fact it only affects those
of us who do mass installs of WP.  I'd like a wp-unattended.ini file that
most, if not all, of the options could be set via the file for automated
installs and then, for security, WordPress will not function outside of the
install while the file exists (it must be deleted post-install).

This will make configuration of WordPress much easier on an automated level
though it will only be beneficial to a handful of us, I think.

Thoughts?

--
Aaron Brazell

Re: 2.next Feature Request

Dave Grijalva
I's an interesting concept, but it could probably be made as a plugin.  All
of settings, save the db connect info, are saved in just a couple tables.  I
can't see any reason why a plugin couldnt export/import these settings.

-dave

On 3/1/06, Aaron Brazell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I realize that this does not affect everyone - in fact it only affects
> those
> of us who do mass installs of WP.  I'd like a wp-unattended.ini file that
> most, if not all, of the options could be set via the file for automated
> installs and then, for security, WordPress will not function outside of
> the
> install while the file exists (it must be deleted post-install).
>
> This will make configuration of WordPress much easier on an automated
> level
> though it will only be beneficial to a handful of us, I think.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> --
> Aaron Brazell

Re: 2.next Feature Request

Roy Schestowitz-2
_____/ On Wed 01 Mar 2006 20:55:33 GMT, [Dave Grijalva] wrote : \_____

> On 3/1/06, Aaron Brazell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I realize that this does not affect everyone - in fact it only affects
>> those
>> of us who do mass installs of WP.  I'd like a wp-unattended.ini file that
>> most, if not all, of the options could be set via the file for automated
>> installs and then, for security, WordPress will not function outside of
>> the
>> install while the file exists (it must be deleted post-install).
>>
>> This will make configuration of WordPress much easier on an automated
>> level
>> though it will only be beneficial to a handful of us, I think.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> I's an interesting concept, but it could probably be made as a plugin. All
> of settings, save the db connect info, are saved in just a couple tables. I
> can't see any reason why a plugin couldnt export/import these settings.

This  doesn't  sound like a WordPress plug-in per se. It sounds like  what
you  need a peripheral file and a hook to 'grab' it. Why not just copy the
contents  of one database onto another, either in full or in part? I  have
used this approach to instantiate cutomised, identical Wikis at ease.

Best wishes,

Roy